Welcome Back with a Few Words of Wisdom

I'm sorry faithful reader - or readers as the case may be - for  the dearth of posts lately.  I got married two weeks ago today to the most beautiful woman I know, and those of you who have been there know just how much time and energy that can consume.  But, it is totally worth it if you are lucky enough to find the right person.

It may be a little bit off topic ("this blog has a topic?" you are saying), but I just wanted to share with you a couple of definitions that have lately been transforming the way I see and operate in the world.  I don't remember exactly where the first one came from.  I am fairly certain it was one of my regular podcasts.  I want to say it was The Voluntary Life, but do not quote me on that.
The true definition of wealth is the proportion of your life that you get to spend doing what you really want to do.  
 In hindsight that seems obvious, so why didn't anyone explain that to me when I was growing up?

The second definition is from a seemingly unlikely source, Adam Carrola.  I am paraphrasing from his book which a read a couple of months ago, so I apologize for any slight inaccuracies.
The true definition of intelligence is the ability to get what you want in life.   
I do not have much to add to those two things.   I just wanted to share them with you and hope that they can be as helpful to you as they have been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...